Saturday, January 31, 2015

My top 3 Producers

As a progressing producer, its only right that I have Producers who I look up to. These three producers have helped me get better at what I do by taking little elements from each of their production styles and combining them in certain tracks that I make. If you listen closely, you might be able to depict what kind of sound comes from which producers work.
3. Wondagurl Wondagurl is a producer from Toronto. I first heard of her from Travis $cott's "Uptown" (Feat. A$ap Ferg). I caught on to her catchy 808 manipulation the first time I heard the track and it had me stuck listening to the same track for about a week straight. The thing that really surprised me about her was that she was only 14 when she got discovered at the Toronto Battle of the Beatmakers in 2011, meaning age really doesn't matter as long as you put your mind to it.
2. Plu20 Nash Plu2o Nash is a producer from Chicago, IL. I first heard of him from Lucki Eck$ track "197 Trap Talk" most recent Mixtape "Body High". He uses spacey, atmospherical, dark pads and samples to come up with interesting combinations. He's really been moving working with acts such as A$ap Rocky, Chance the Rapper, and even Pharrell Williams. I think 2015 is his breakout year, he's headed for Young Chop numbers.
1. K.E. on the Track K.E. on the track is a producer from Atlanta, Georgia. He's responsible for sparking a movement in hip-hop with the bright sounds and gentle melodies combined with party type of futuristic hip-hop. Remember Yung L.A., J Futuristic, Travis Porter, Roscoe Dash, etc.? The whole movement from ATL came to Chicago and Chicago brought up the tempo and turned it into the bopping movement.

2 comments:

Feel free to spark a conversation.