Monday, March 16, 2015

Who I think should be a XXL Freshman of 2015 Pt. 1

The XXL nominees for 2015 are in and the list is more competitive than I thought and since only 10 can make the list per year I thought I should keep you all posted and updated on the artists I think will win the vote. So the nominees for the XXL freshman 2015 are...

10. O.G. Maco
The 22 year old screamo Rapper from Atlanta, Georgia rose to fame with his single, "You Guessed It". The song really caught on because of its spontaneity and the energy O.G. Maco exudes on the chorus and adlibs. He's been dropping tapes left and right and collabing with some big names from Rome Fortune to the Migos. If he doesnt make the cut I'll be suprised.






9. Vince Staples
The 21 year old rapper from Long Beach, California gained attention from his "Stolen Youth" mixtape but rose to fame from his collaboration with Odd Future's Earl Sweatshirt on "Hive". Vince Staples lets it be known through his verses that he's not one to be played with. One of the best flows in the industry today Vince Staples should be on your list to keep up with.







8. Casey Veggies
The 21 year old rapper from Inglewood, Los Angeles was originally one of the founding members of Odd Future before splitting and becoming a solo artist in 2007. Nominated for his Joint Mix tape with Rockie Fresh called "Fresh Veggies" and his solo mixtape "Life Changes", he brings a certain swagger to his music. Its hard to explain but its pleasant to the ear. Check him out.





7. Father
The 23 year old Rapper From Atlanta, Georgia rose to fame from his single "Look at wrist" with fellow atlanta artists Key! and ILoveMakonnen. He's been making noise everywhere with the release of his "Young Hot Ebony" mixtape. Often drawing comparisons from Odd Future because of its dark but catchy sound, he has earned his clout and a spot on the freshman list.








6. Kidd Kidd
The 23 year old rapper from New Orleans, Louisiana has been fading on and off the radar with a glimpse of him from Lil Wayne's "Mrs. Officer" he faded again until 50 cent recruited him to G-Unit following the incident where he was shot six times outside his mothers house.. Now, the newest member of the Unit is making noise and appearing all over the internet and is expected to release "Fuck the fame, I'll take the cover" mixtape this year.

2 comments:

  1. I dont think this class is strong as the previous year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. http://freshmen.xxlmag.com/10th-spot/
      You should check out the nominees. Out of everyone up there I think these 10 are the best from the list.

      Delete

Feel free to spark a conversation.